Wednesday, March 31, 2010
MYTH: Why target women if men average a higher income than women?
TRUTH: Whether or not this is true, women are the ones making the purchases.
Studies continue to vary somewhat on who makes more. And averages tend to throw things off since income is not always an indicator of total wealth.
But none of that matters really, because even if a woman does not work, studies consistently show that she is making the buying decisions for herself and her family. So ignoring her is short-sighted to say the very least.
- 85% of all brand purchases are made by women
- 94% the wealth acquired in the next four years, will be acquired by women*
- 69% of household health decisions are made by women*
- 74% of all NBA & NFL apparel is purchased by women
- 91% of new home decisions are made by women**
- 81% of grocery decisions are made by women
- 60% of the online population are women
- 62% of all workers are women
- 71% of women feel that brands only consider them for beauty products and cleaning products